Recipes, cooking with organic ingredients.
I have found some easy and healthy recipes to make every day. Cooking with organic ingredients for better taste.
Using our Pasta recipe below, here is a great homemade lasagna. You don’t need to cook the pasta before.
- Meat sauce, (I use homemade sauce with Italian tomatoes)
- Ricotta or Cottage cheese
- Four cheese shredded
Start with a bit a sauce at the bottom of your pan. Add the first layer of pasta, cut it to fit your pan, add some ricotta or cottage cheese, top it with the meat sauce and shredded cheese, repeat the process 4 times. Cook for 45 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Fried rice recipe
An easy and delicious fried rice that will go perfectly with any dish! You can make it in a pan or in your wok.
- 3 cups cooked rice *
- 2 Tbs sesame oil·
- 1 small white onion, chopped·
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed·
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)·
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten·
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional).
- 1. Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- 2. Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
- Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- 3. Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
- Add chopped green onions if desired.
You can make it the way you like, Change the rice with rice noodles. Add some bean sprouts, snap peas. What ever fresh veggies you can find depending on the season.
I love making it during the week, quick and easy after a busy day at work.
Cream of carrot soup
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 2 lbs carrots chopped
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 1 1/3 cups of half-and-half
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion, potato and carrots.
Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
Add stock and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes. In a food processor, fitted with metal blade, process mixture to a puree.
Clean saucepan and return puree to the saucepan. Stir in half-and-half and season with salt and pepper.
If you can, buy organic onions and carrots. I found the onions tastier and more firm, the carrots are sweeter.
I also like using homemade chicken stock. So easy to do after cooking a chicken.
Easy Chicken stock
- leftover bones and skin from a large cooked chicken
- 1 onion cut in four
- 1 celery stick
- 1tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
in a big saucepan add the chicken bones, seasoned with oregano, salt, pepper, add the onion and celery stick. Cover up with water and simmer for 1hour. Let it cool, strain and freeze it until you need it.
Bow Tie pasta
Farfalle Pasta with Prosciutto Mushrooms and Peas
- 8-10 slices of good prosciutto
- 1 cup green peas (frozen works nice)
- 1 cup heavy cream1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 package of button white mushrooms (10-15) sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 package of bow tie pasta or similar
Bring a large pot of water to boil cook pasta until al dente as per directions on package. In a heavy-bottom pan melt butter and as soon as it starts to brown add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms 10-15 mins on med-low.
Add prosciutto and onion and cook another 5 mins, add green peas cook another2 mins, add cream. Add pasta, Stir and gradually add Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper.
Serve the pasta with favourite salad and you’ve got a well-balanced meal.
PASTA 4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
Mix all ingredients together, form a ball and wrap it up in a plastic wrap to let it sit for about 20 minutes. Use a pasta roller to make long pasta. I use my KitchenAid Mixer to do it and the KitchenAid pasta attachment.
Ok, this one is for the puppy!
This is an easy dog treat recipe and my dog Bruno, he is a chocolate Labrador, loves it.
Mix 2 tablespoons oil 1 cup water 1/2 cup peanut butter
Add 2 cups flour 1 cup oatmeal or whole wheat flour
Roll out 1/4 inch thick. Cutter the dough with a pizza cutter to make squares.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Cool off and break in pieces where you did the cuts.
Somebody gave me that great Fish recipe, you can make it with any white fish. We are not big fish lovers and both my husband and I loved it so much that we are keeping it in our favourite recipes.
Roasted Cod with Capers, Olives and Tomatoes
Prep time 10 minutes, total time 30 minutes, serving 4. This is quick and easy to make during weeknights.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Black olives, drained, pitted, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Capers, chopped well-drained
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 Wild cod fillets, thawed
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) Salt
- to taste Pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) Grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) Oregano, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tbs (10ml) Olive oil
- Preheat oven at 425F (220C). In a small bowl, combine olive, capers and 1/2 tsp (2ml) lemon zest. Set aside.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel, place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp. (15ml) lemon juice. Top each fillet with a quarter of the olive and caper mixture and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness, or until fish is opaque and cooked through. I like mine at about 128F (54C).
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
Use fresh, organic ingredients (if available) if your favourite recipes and it will be tasty and a success. Don’t be afraid to try new easy recipes.